As a UX/UI Designer, you’ll be a key part of the idea generation process, and you’d be just as happy to be labelled an Engineer, or Analyst; a Builder, Maker or Problem Solver. You love thinking through hard problems and coming up with simple solutions. You have an insanely sharp eye for detail, not just for pixels on a screen but for workflows and customer journeys.
You will be providing value to the business through elegant customer-focused designs and conceptualisation that provide users with a superior user experience.
Your focus will be hands-on design work to craft high-fidelity mockups with modern design and prototyping software (e.g. Adobe XD, Figma).
You will support the Design Lead in ensuring the designs provided to clients are polished and aim to minimize complexity to the user.
You understand that behind any technical decision there is a business need to be fulfilled and are able to communicate that to your team.
This role will champion design decisions with qualified rationale that is justified through their own experience and design research, or through findings from other Design professionals.
- Create flow diagrams, journey diagrams, journey maps, and wireframes to quickly prototype ideas and ensure that the design meets both the business and customers’ requirements.
- Understand target users deeply: develop or work from user-profiles and conduct task analysis when needed.
- Contribute to user interface design using best practices and standards.
- Provide support, feedback and mentoring to the design team on UX/UI related designs.
- Create and design end-to-end user experiences whilst collaborating with company stakeholders.
- Handle multiple projects in an agile, fast-paced environment.
- Drive your own learning and education to advance your personal growth.
- Solving customer pain points through research, design iteration and testing.
- Communication and presentation skills – articulating why you made your design decisions is just as important as making them in the first place.
- Able to conduct and present heuristic evaluations and UX audits for content and taxonomy.
- Create engaging scenarios that describe how user profiles/personas would interact with the design solution to accomplish their goals and meet their needs.
- Deliver world-class user interaction designs, from concept to launch.
- Build new and unique application interactions based off of existing design framework
- Adhering to style standards on typography and graphic design.
- Collaborate with the team to design & create visuals, layouts, and screens for the web & mobile displays.
- Research and keep current with interaction design trends & technology trends
- Designing UI elements, tools, and principles, mockups, and wireframes in Adobe XD.
Key Qualities We Look For
- You likely have a Bachelor’s degree in Digital Media Design, Multimedia Design, Interaction Design or technology-related field (or equivalent) with about 2+ years of digital design experience.
- Ability to take large / complex user journeys and break down into manageable parts.
- Experience in UX / UI design for digital products, with multiple device types and contexts such as (but not limited to) desktop, tablet and smartphone.
- You are comfortable working collaboratively with developers, product owners, and copywriters.
- You thrive on feedback and critique, responding with creative thinking and iterative design.
- To present your work (from sketches to final design) and articulate your design decisions to the design team, product team, and executives for review and feedback.
- You are comfortable engaging with client stakeholders, strategists, designers, and technology teams to workshop and define future digital experiences.
- Proficiency in design and prototyping software such as (but not limited to), Adobe XD, Figma, Invision, Balsamiq Mockups, Sketch, Adobe Photoshop and/or Adobe Illustrator.
- Team focus. A sense of responsibility towards each member of your team.
- Time management and detail focus. Effective time management and focus on meeting deadlines on projects.
- Education focus. Proactive effort towards increasing your learning and personal development, particularly in the areas of digital design and User Experience.
- Creative focus. Bringing new and innovative ideas to the table for Bonsey Jaden and its clients.
- Strong attention to detail in all tasks to ensure high-quality output for both the company and clients.
- Clear and concise oral and written communication
- Customer-oriented attitude and good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in an Agile environment.
- Self-starter, self-driven and independent.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- A portfolio of professional UI/UX design work for both web and mobile platforms.