The Technical Lead is an experienced senior level developer with a sound background in REACT JS, Node JS, PHP, WordPress, Angular and or other web and mobile technologies. We are seeking a self-motivated technical lead to join our technical leadership team. As the technical lead, you will have overall responsibility for the project design, as well as operations and maintenance. You shall plan, research, and continually evaluate tools and architecture applying Agile engineering practices, such as Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD) and Test-Driven Development.
The Technical Lead will apply professional principles, practices, and techniques to provide organizations with technology solutions to make them more efficient. The emphasis for this role is to drive a quality solution through good architecture and design practices, by reviewing proposals and deliverables, and establishing best practices.
- You are hands-on with the coding. You know how the right software solutions can help businesses do more with less effort. You know the code inside out and enjoy putting innovation to work in real applications and getting real results.
- Should be a passionate coder whose code is clean and optimised.
- You’ll be responsible for being a tech leader and inspiring a small team of Digital Developers.
- Delivering Quality solutions is part of your ethos, you understand it is not good software unless there are automated tests to verify it.
- You need to provide technical leadership in all aspects of the business. – With good communication skills to engage with employees, stakeholders and customers to ensure our company’s technologies are used appropriately.
- Hands-on experience in architecture and Web development lifecycle (Design, build & testing).
- Work across frontend, backend and product teams to design, build and extend merchant, vendor and/or consumer-facing new products, platforms and features.
- Collaborate with QA on CI/CD and another automated and manual testing to ensure smooth product releases.
- Monitor the live websites/apps’ performance and continuously improve them on both code and experience level.
- Perform code review within and across teams.
- Assess new web technologies and methodology.
Key Qualities We Look For
- The technical lead should have related educational and career experience including 5+ years’ experience in full-stack development. BS in Computer Science or related fields preferred but not necessary.
- At least 4+ years of proven experience as a technical lead or architect.
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration.
- Experience in an agile/lean development framework like Scrum.
- Design databases, and understand query optimization against them.
- Understand cloud technologies and platforms such as AWS / Azure / Google Cloud and use their APIs and configuration tools.
- Problem-solving attitude.