To thrive, a digital marketing agency like ours requires the presence of powerful and effective written communications, and as our new Copywriter, you have a distinct eloquence with words; the ability to capture big ideas and complex notions with incredible conciseness and simplicity.
Each member of our growing team exudes creativity, passion, ambition, and drive, and in the midst of it all you are crafting unique and compelling stories; working with the Bonsey Jaden team to achieve remarkable results for every client and campaign.
With your extensive background and experience in copywriting, we will expect you to hit the ground running, quickly getting to know the voice and essence of Bonsey Jaden and our clients as you work on digital projects spanning the entire region.
But above all else, you share the agency’s firm belief that anyone can put a dent in the universe, and come into work each day prepared to dent it a little more than you did yesterday
In order to excel in this role, you will need to possess a diverse set of skills and qualities, which include:
- Writing clear, compelling copy for various mediums (e.g. ads, blog posts, newsletters)
- Conducting thorough research and interviews
- Working with creative professionals to build marketing projects and campaigns
- Write clear, attractive copy with a distinct voice
- Interpret copywriting briefs to understand project requirements
- Collaborate with designers, PR and other professionals on large- and small-scale marketing projects (e.g. email campaigns and landing pages)
- Conduct high-quality research and interviews
- Edit and proofread copy as needed
- Use SEO principles to maximize copy’s reach
- Source images and other content
In addition to the above, you’ll need to be flexible with your schedule – as your working hours will be based on business needs. You will need to be comfortable working with teams across borders as your portfolio will be a mix of local and regional projects. Your day-to-day will involve working mainly with teams across Southeast Asia, whilst having potential opportunities in Australia.
This is an intense but rewarding experience. This is an opportunity for a talented creative writer to gain experience across varied industries, brands, consumers, and projects.
Key Qualities We Look For
- At least 3 years’ copywriting experience in a creative digital environment
- Bachelor’s Degree from a traditional college or university is preferred but not a must
- Magnetic attraction to words, with the ability to tug heartstrings and take your audience on a journey with a few short keystrokes
- Well versed in both short and long-form writing; able to turn a 140-character Tweet into a mansion
- An intimate understanding of the different Social Media platforms
- A keen interest in what’s happening in the digital space, both locally and worldwide
- Self-motivated, with the capacity to learn fast and drive your own personal development
- An appreciation of the power of a digital-first approach in storytelling
- A self-starter with an appetite for taking risks who can also take feedback and work well with a diverse team of stakeholders
- An intimate understanding of the customer journey in a digital world
- The ability to stay calm and focused while managing multiple work streams
- A true, approachable collaborator who leaves her/his ego at the door
- A spark for creativity and an eye for aesthetics and design
- Someone who can word smith in both local language and English
- Ability to adapt to challenges in a constantly evolving startup environment
- Creative dynamite, adventurous and a big dreamer
- Excellent writing and presentation skills
- A strong proactive drive to develop a career as a multi-disciplinary writer
- A meticulous, creative, out of the box thinking writing style
- A strong sense of commitment and dedication to the craft
- Experience in Google Suite: Slides, Sheet, Drive, etc. (this can be learned)
- Fluency in English