As an Associate Creative Director, it will be your responsibility to lead the creative direction of the business locally, oversee and drive the performance of each member of the team, and build brand equity for Bonsey Jaden as a strong creative force in Malaysia and across the region.
Your focus will be split between strategic & creative conceptualization, and coordination of all design & copy work produced by the team.
You will be required to present yours and the team’s ideas, both internally and externally, while ensuring all deliverables, timelines and KPIs are met in every instance.
In order to excel in this role, you will need to possess a diverse set of skills and qualities, which include:
- Review & coordinate creative works produced by the team
- Provide support, feedback and mentoring to the design and copy teams
- Create and present pitch ideas and decks to the business and its clients
- Lead creative WIPs and brainstorms for projects
- Further development of the current creative framework to ensure efficiency and top notch creative work in every instance
- Drive your own learning and education to advance your personal growth
- Provide support, feedback and expertise to the local management team
- Understand the various aspects of the business to ensure profitability and growth for creative-driven accounts through leading ideation as well as initiatives
- Partner with the strategists and local department heads to develop insight-driven creative solutions that resonate with both business objectives and the target audience
- Groom and lead the team in navigating through challenges and inspiring them to push for better work
In addition to the above, you’ll need to be flexible with your schedule – as your working hours will be based on business needs. You will need to be comfortable working with teams across borders as your portfolio will be a mix of local and regional projects.
Key Qualities We Look For
- A minimum of 8-10 years of relevant experience in the art/creative field within an advertising agency, interactive, multi-media or web advertising industry.
- Either art or copy based
- Experience with brand development, pitches, production shoots, seeing them from end-to-end
- Must have a great portfolio of past work that showcases great craft and strong conceptual abilities
- Must demonstrate a solid understanding of current creative media, mediums and trends.
- Must be able to confidently and effectively communicate verbally with internal teams and clients.
- Strong interpersonal skills, a positive attitude and the ability to thrive in a collaborative agency environment with multi-disciplinary teams.